The final version of the Presidency roadmap, setting out future work in the Council during the coming months, in the field of Base Erosion and Profit Shifting, has been published.
The Presidency will aim at reaching agreement during the next months on the following EU-BEPS work items.
Short term work:
- Hybrid mismatches (ATAD 2): The Commission produced a Proposal for a Council Directive amending Directive (EU) 2016/1164 as regards hybrid mismatches with third countries on 25 October 2016, as part of the Anti-Tax Avoidance Package. The Slovak Presidency carried out extensive work on this proposal. During the ECOFIN meeting on 6 December 2016 the text was generally agreed to except on two items i.e. Articles 9(4)(b) and (c), and the date of entry into force. The Maltese Presidency intends to work on the pending aspects of ATAD 2 with a view to finding agreement as swiftly as possible.
- Proposal for Improvement of Dispute Resolution Mechanism within the EU: The Maltese Presidency regards this proposal as a priority aiming at reaching agreement by the end of June 2017.
- EU list of third country non-cooperative jurisdictions
- Proposal for a renewed Common (Consolidated) Corporate Tax Base: The Maltese Presidency intends to start the examination of the CCTB proposals with a view to stabilise the text on the novel aspects of the CCTB by the end of June 2017.
- Interest and Royalties Directive (IRD)
- Good Governance in Tax Matters clause in EU agreements with third countries
- "EU anti-fraud agreements"
- OECD BEPS issues in Double Taxation Agreements
Medium term work:
- Patent Boxes
- Implementation of the Council Conclusions on the future of the Code of Conduct (Business Taxation)
- Outbound payments
- Transparency: Mandatory disclosure rules